Fellows of the Conference of Research Workers in Animal Diseases
The Conference of Research Workers in Animal Diseases is pleased to announce a new award for CRWAD Members that will recognize distinguished achievements in original research related to animal health and disease, population health, and translational medicine. Fellows of the Conference of Research Workers in Animal Diseases will represent an eminent cadre of scientists from all types of research careers, including academia, industry, and government. Election as a CRWAD Fellow is a lifetime honor and all Fellows are expected to meet the commonly held standards of professional ethics and scientific integrity, and also to make ongoing contributions to the mission of CRWAD.
Scientists recognized as CRWAD Fellows will have distinguished research careers evidenced by the outstanding impact and importance of their work, and also their ability to communicate and interpret science to stakeholders and the public. Fellows will have made significant contributions to scientific literature reflecting fundamental discoveries and/or innovative applied research in animal health and disease, population health, and translational medicine. Reflecting the tradition and spirit of CRWAD, mentoring of young research scientists in furthering their careers will be an important contribution of CRWAD Fellows. CRWAD Fellows must also have made sustained and notable contributions to CRWAD through service or participation in the CRWAD organization and annual meetings.
The inaugural class of CRWAD Fellows will be recognized for their extraordinary achievements at the upcoming CRWAD Annual Meeting (Dec 3-7, 2021).
Eligibility: Nominees must have been a member of the CRWAD for a significant period of time, although the years of membership and contribution do not have to be continuous. The relative impact and quality of a nominee’s scientific contributions will be considered more important than a minimum duration of contribution. Service to CRWAD and participation in annual CRWAD meetings will be recognized by activities such as authorship on abstracts presented at CRWAD, recognition as a Featured Speaker, participation in service activities for CRWAD , and/or contributions to CRWAD partner organizations.
Nomination: Any CRWAD Member may nominate one or more candidates to be recognized as a CRWAD Fellow. Nominations will be reviewed by a selection committee which will make recommendations to be approved by the CRWAD Council. Fellows will be elected annually. Nominations for CRWAD Fellows to be recognized at CRWAD 2021 must be submitted by June 30, 2021. Nomination materials should be sent by email to CRWADorganizers@gmail.com.
Please submit the following materials with your nominations:
- A cover letter and nomination statement not to exceed 1,000 words that highlights the contributions of the candidate. The statement should focus on the relevance and impact of the candidate’s contributions to the advancement of their area of science, and must also demonstrate the candidate’s participation and impact on CRWAD.
- CV/Biography of the nominee (with no page limitation, but most recent 15 years of accomplishments should be obvious).
- A separate bibliography for all abstracts or other presentations contributed at CRWAD annual meetings, noting presentations made by the candidate’s mentees.
- Additional supportive statements (not to exceed 1,000 words each) from colleagues or mentees; at least one supporting statement is required, and submission of more is acceptable.
- Current members of the CRWAD Council or the selection committee are not eligible for selection as Fellows.
If you have questions about nominating candidates to become CRWAD Fellows, please contact: Dr. Paul Morley, CRWAD Executive Director.