CRWAD Author Instructions and OASIS On-Line Abstract Submission Requirements
Deadline for abstract submission is Friday September 9, 2016 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
READ THIS BEFORE COMPOSING AND SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT.
Presenters must be registered for the meeting and are required to wear their name
badge during their presentations. Name badge is required for admittance to Receptions, Poster Sessions, and Sections.
The 2016 CRWAD Meeting will be held December 4 – 6, at the Chicago Marriott, Downtown Magnificent Mile, Chicago, Illinois.
- The meeting will begin with Special Keynote Presentation, combined CRWAD and North American PRRS poster session and the Researchers Reception, Sunday evening.
- Presentations will conclude by 12:00 pm Tuesday afternoon, December 6.
- Attendance is open to anyone interested in new research information on animal diseases.
- For those who need a US Visa in order to attend the CRWAD meeting please start your application process early.
- Chicago Marriott Downtown Room Reservations
- Meeting Pre–Registration Information and Refund Policy
- Poster Information
OASIS On–Line Abstract Submission Requirements
Abstract submission deadline is Friday, September 9th at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time. This deadline is firm!
Electronic Abstract submission will be required for the 2016 meeting. Abstracts will be sent to CRWAD through the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program.
The OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program will not accept new abstracts after midnight September 12th. The submitting author for each abstract will be considered the contact author and presenter. The same presenting author for more than one abstract may submit more than one abstract through the OASIS On–line Submission Program
Access to the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program will be available July 6, 2016.
*A presenter is required to register for the meeting and wear their name badge during their presentation.
Before submitting your abstract to the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program, please compare your abstract format with the checklist.
- Be sure that all the pertinent points from the checklist have been followed to properly format your abstract before you submit the abstract to the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program.
- The following 10 Section Preferences will be available for you to select when completing the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program. While completing the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program you will choose both a first section preference and a second section preference, and whether each abstract is for Oral or Poster presentation.
Biosafety and Biosecurity
Companion Animal Epidemiology
Ecology and Management of Foodborne Agents
Epidemiology and Animal Health Economics
Pathobiology of Enteric and Foodborne Pathogens
Vector–Borne and Parasitic Diseases
- Special Section for 2016 Meeting – BVDV Symposium, Only abstracts that will be presented at this symposium on Tuesday afternoon, Dec. 6 and Wednesday, Dec. 7 should be submitted under the BVDV Symposium section.
- Students who wish to enter the student competition will select the Graduate Student Competition Entry category while submitting their abstract to the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program. Please note:
*Student presenters must be registered for the CRWAD meeting. No meeting registration will eliminate your abstract from competition. Registration Form
*Student presenters must be present with their competition entry posters during the poster sessions for judges’ interviews.
*All presenters will be required to wear their name badges during their presentations.
- The following competition categories will be available at the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program. Select the competition category that will be directly related to your first section presentation preference. (Example: First section preference Bacterial Pathogenesis Section must select the ACVM competition cateogry)
GRADUATE STUDENTS may enter ONLY ONE ABSTRACT (one oral OR one poster) for competition in one of the following categories.
American Association of Veterinary Immunologists – AAVI
American Association of Veterinary Parasitologists – AAVP
American College of Veterinary Microbiologists – ACVM
Association of Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine – AVEPM
Biosafety and Biosecurity – BB
Enteric Disease Research – EDR
Do not fax or send a hard copy of your abstract.
Authors will be notified of the section, day, and time of their presentations by reading the Annual Meeting Program which will be posted on our web site in October. Contact Authors will be e–mailed a notice when the on-line Annual Meeting Program is available.